Equipment: back extension apparatus (Roman Chair)
- Lie face down on a back extension apparatus (Roman Chair) with your feet hooked under the support, and your arms across your chest.
- Keep your legs together and straight, and your feet and toes pointing down.
- Slowly raise your upper body extending your back and engaging your glutes, lower back, and hamstrings.
- Keep your neck in line with your spine and do not allow your head to tilt forward or backward.
- Hold the position for a second or two, then lower your body back down to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for the desired number of repetitions.
Key points to remember
- It is important to maintain good form and control throughout the exercise.
- Move slowly, avoiding jerky movements
- Start with a low number of repetitions and gradually increase as your strength improves.