Volleyball Demonstration at the 1924 Olympics
Indoor volleyball has been officially played at the Olympic Games since 1964, though a demonstration of the sport appeared earlier as part of a children's sports demonstration in 1924. Beach volleyball was also a demonstration sport, in 1992.
Three Days of Matches
- Friday, July 18 1924, 2.30pm - Game between selected US teams.
- Saturday, July 19 1924, 2.30pm - Saint-Quentin against Lille, Romilly against Valenciennes, Chauny against Noyon, Bailleul against Charleville, Douai against Nancy, Reims against Military School of Paris, Soldiers from Soissons against Paris-Sienne region.
- Sunday 20 July 1924, 2.30pm - USA against France, selected teams.
Source: Paris Olympic Games Official Report, vol4, p628
In addition to volleyball, there was demonstrations of baseball, basketball, and a large range of children's games (Les Jeux de l'Enfance). More about 1924 Children's Games Demonstration
- Volleyball at the Olympics
- Demonstration of children's games at the 1924 Olympics
- Beach volleyball Olympic demonstration sport
- Demonstrations of Footvolley and Bossaball at the Rio Olympics
- All about Olympic Demonstration Sports
- About the sport of volleyball
- About the 1924 Olympic Games