Volleyball is an Olympic sport. There are two versions of volleyball played at the Olympics - Indoor Volleyball and Beach Volleyball. Indoor volleyball was first played at the 1924 Summer Olympics in Paris as a demonstration sport as part of an American sports demonstration event. It has been officially played at the Olympic Games since 1964. Beach Volleyball was introduced officially in 1996.
- US player Karch Kiraly is the only player who has won both indoor and beach volleyball Olympic gold medals.
- See also about Indoor Volleyball and Beach Volleyball at the Olympics
- Other Volleyball Major Events
- At the 1924 Olympics in Paris volleyball was played as part of the children's games and sports demonstration.
- List of Olympic Sports
- Sitting volleyball at the Paralympics
- More about the sport of Volleyball