There is a range of fitness tests using walking as the primary exercise mode. As walking is a low weight-bearing form of exercise, it is utilized in many tests of the elderly or obese.
Here is a list of fitness tests that use the walking exercise mode, from our list of hundreds of fitness tests.
Aerobic Walking for Time or Distance Tests
- 1/2 mile walk test
- 1 Mile walk test
- Rockport Walk Test — walk one mile as fast as you can.
- 1 Mile Endurance Run / Walk Test — complete one mile in the fastest possible time.
- Eurofit 2-Km Walk Test
- 6-Minute Walk — a fitness test for seniors, walk for 6 minutes for maximum distance.
Aerobic Beep Type Tests Involving Walking
- 10m Beep Test — 10m multi-stage walking shuttle test for children with cerebral palsy.
- 10m Shuttle Walk Test — 10m multi-stage walking shuttle test designed for patients with COPD.
- Groningen Walk Test — a variant of the maximal multistage 20m shuttle-run test, involving walking around a rectangular course, adapted to suit an elderly population.
Treadmill Walking Tests
- Balke Test (treadmill) — walking on a treadmill to exhaustion, at a constant speed while gradient/slope is increased every one or two minutes.
- Chester Treadmill Police Walk Test — walking at 6km/hr on a treadmill, increasing gradient by 3% every 2 minutes.
- Chester Treadmill Test — walking at 6.2km/hr on a treadmill, increasing the gradient by 3% every 2 minutes.
- About walking and running aerobic fitness tests
- Fitness tests sorted by exercise mode
- Treadmill fitness tests
- Sport specific fitness tests
- List of Testing Equipment