Courses in Sports Marketing and Management
The sporting sector is a multi-billion dollar industry, requiring business professionals to provide direction and leadership to sporting organizations across the country. If you are interested in Sports Marketing, there are numerous courses that you can do. Study in the field of Sports management will give you a range of career opportunities.
Sports Marketing is all about selling products or services with the help of popular sports. Sports Marketing promotes recognition and increase sales of a certain product. With the popularity of sports, this has been the center of the campaign for the marketers.
This can be done in professional sports, college and university sports competitions and minor leagues. Team organizations sell advertising space to marketers who want to purchase billboards and or other print ads, while television networks sell airtime during the sports events.
The main education requirement is a 4-year bachelor's degree course in Sports Marketing. Some Universities offer Master's Degree as well. Practicum and Internships are also part of the degree program.
A Sports Marketing graduate must understand business, sales, promotions and marketing issues. A Marketer must be able to communicate effectively, must be able to manage marketing and human resource, and must have personal sales ability.
The Advantage and Disadvantage of Sports Marketing
If a certain product associates themselves with one of the famous teams, there is a big chance that most of the fans will remember the product. Since the sports industry is so large, it is hard to stand out in the crowd. The Marketers should exert great effort to excel among others and to catch watcher's attention.
Careers in Sports Marketing
Some of the careers in Sports Marketing are Brand Manager, Sports Agent, and Sports Marketing Project Manager.
Courses by Country
- Bachelor of Sport and Recreation Management, Lincoln University, New Zealand
- Sports management course run by Papua New Guinea Sports Foundation (PNGSF), the PNG Government's agency for sport.
- Adelphi Sports Management program - designed to help make those dreams a reality for confident, hard working, ambitious individuals with a passion for sports. The Sports Management program help you develop the professional skills and personal leadership strategies you need to thrive in the sports industry.
- Sports Management, Recreation, and Leisure Studies, Catawba College Salisbury, North Carolina, USA
- Sports Management, Recreation, and Leisure Studies, St. Thomas University (Online/Remote), Miami Gardens, Florida, USA.
- Sports Management, Recreation, and Leisure Studies, Syracuse University Syracuse, NY, USA.
- Sports Management William Woods University Fulton, MO
- Sports Management Tiffin University Tiffin, OH
- Sport Management Texas Tech University Lubbock, TX
- Sport Management Mount Ida College Newton Centre, MA
- About Sports Marketing
- About a career in Sports Marketing
- Other Courses in Sport
- About other Careers in Sport