Topend Sports

Courses for Personal Trainers

To become a personal trainer or strength and conditioning coach you may need to attend university for a Bachelors' Degree in a sport science field, though lesser but more specific qualifications may be appropriate. There are many diplomas and other courses that can be undertaken.

Once you have your qualifications, you should become accredited with your local national body, which is often required for jobs in this field. The well respected American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) offers certifications for personal trainers. A strength and conditioning coach should also get accredited, look for the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS ) or Strength & Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) certification. See more about accreditation in the sport sciences.


Related Pages

send us a comment Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.

Study Extra

Which field of the sport sciences do you want to study? You can browse our lists of sport science courses or sports universities. Otherwise, just check our conference list for further education.

 → How to Cite