Wrestling is a combat sport that involves grappling techniques such as clinching, throws, takedowns, and pins. It has a rich history, with evidence of the sport dating back to ancient civilizations such as Greece, Egypt, and China. There are many different styles of competitive wrestling around the world.
Generally, wrestling involves two individuals of similar weight and skill level competing against each other with the aim of pinning their opponent to the ground for a specified period of time or scoring points through various maneuvers.
According to the International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles (IFAWS), there are currently five International wrestling disciplines: Greco-Roman wrestling, freestyle wrestling, Sambo, Grappling, and Beach wrestling. The two main wrestling disciplines are the Olympic sports, Freestyle and Greco-Roman.
- Fitness Components for Wrestling
- Wrestling and Anthropometry
- What is wrestling called around the world?
- Full list of wrestling sports
- WWE Survivor Series
- Buy wrestling products in the online store.
- Wrestling Polls, including a poll about the Fitness components for wrestling
- Wrestling at the Olympic Games
- About Martial Arts
- Weight Management Strategies in weight category restricted sports.