Laser Run is a combined event, with competitors alternating between shooting a laser pistol and running. It could be considered the summer version of biathlon (combined cross-country skiing and rifle shooting). Laser Run is the final leg of the multi-event sport of Modern Pentathlon. This last phase of a Modern Pentathlon is also an event in its own right, and made its international debut at the World Urban Games in 2019.
The running distances for the laser run can range from 2 x 400m to 4 x 800m (depending on the age category) and everyone shoots from five meters away from the target. All athletes start the race together with a short run to the shooting range and their allocated shooting bay. Using a laser pistol, athletes shoot at their target as many times at it takes to register five successful hits.
After completing five successful hits (or once the maximum shooting time of 50 seconds has expired), the athletes leave the range and begin their first run. After completing the required running distance, they return to the shooting range and repeat shooting at the target. After their final shooting phase, competitors complete their last running loop to the finish line.
- Biathlon — a combination of cross-country skiing and rifle shooting.
- Modern Pentathlon — an Olympic sport that comprises five events: fencing, 200m freestyle swimming, show jumping, and a combined event of pistol shooting and 3200m cross country run.
- The individual sports of cross country running and pistol shooting.
- Summer Biathlon — a combined sport of roller skiing (or trail running) and rifle shooting.
- Laser Tag — a skirmish sport in which players attempt to score points by tagging targets, typically with a hand-held infrared-emitting targeting device.
- Ski Archery — a combined sport involving skiing and shooting arrows at targets.
- Triathle — a shortened version of the Modern Pentathlon, athletes compete in shooting, swimming and running events as a part of a single race.
- Tetrathlon — composed of 4 out of the 5 disciplines of Modern Pentathlon: Swimming, Running, Shooting and either Fencing or Equestrian.
- Military Pentathlon — a competition involving a shooting phase, obstacle run, obstacle swimming, grenade throwing, and cross-country running.
- More about the sport of Modern Pentathlon
- List of Multi-Sport Sports — sports involving two or more sports.
- Complete list of sports
- The Encyclopedia of Sports