Wembley Stadium was originally built in 1923, and in addition to the 1948 Olympics, was also host to the annual FA Cup finals and the 1966 World Cup. A new Wembley stadium was built on the same site in 2007, and was reused as a venue at the 2012 Olympic Games. The Wembley stadium is used for the FA Cup Final and other major games in English football.
Events at Wembley Stadium
Here are just some of the sporting events that have been held at the new Wembley Stadium
- 2011 UEFA Champions League Finals
- 2012 Gold medal matches at the 2012 Olympic Games football tournament
- 2013 UEFA Champions League Finals
- 2020 semi-finals and final of UEFA Euro 2020
- Wembley Stadium is listed as one of our 7 Wonders of the Sporting World.
- more UK stadiums
- FA Cup venues
- All stadiums list
- Top 10 largest stadiums in the world
- sport in the UK