Wembley Stadium is the world's best-known football stadium, and has been the venue for many historic events. The Wembley Stadium is used annually for the FA Cup Final and other major games in English football.
The stadium was originally built in 1923, and in addition to being the main stadium for the 1948 Olympics, it was also host to the annual FA Cup finals and the 1966 World Cup.
A new Wembley stadium was built on the same site in 2007. Its modern design and amenities provide an exceptional fan experience, with seating for up to 90,000 spectators and state-of-the-art facilities for players and staff. The new stadium was used as a venue for the 2012 Olympic Games.
Exploring Wembley Stadium's Architecture
Wembley Stadium is not only a remarkable venue for hosting prominent events, but it also boasts an impressive architectural design. The signature arch that towers over the stadium has become a symbol of modern London, visible from miles away. This iconic structure, combined with its state-of-the-art facilities, creates a stunning atmosphere that enhances the experience for both spectators and athletes alike.
For those interested in getting a closer look at the intricate details of the stadium, a comprehensive Wembley Stadium 3D model offers an immersive way to explore the stadium's layout and design. Detailed images of various aspects of the stadium will give fans and architecture enthusiasts a unique perspective of the iconic venue.
Events Held at Wembley Stadium
Sample of events held at the original Wembley Stadium (1923-2000)
- 1948 Olympic Games
- 1966 World Cup
- 1985 Live Aid charity concert
- 1992 and 1995 Rugby League World Cup Finals
- 1996 Euro Final
Sporting events that have been held at the new Wembley Stadium (2007+)
- 2011 UEFA Champions League Finals
- 2012 Gold medal matches at the 2012 Olympic Games football tournament
- 2013 UEFA Champions League Finals
- 2020 semi-finals and final of UEFA Euro 2020
Wembley Stadium Trivia
- The original stadium was was built in exactly 300 days at a cost of £750,000.
- The stadium was originally called the The Empire Stadium
- The first event held at the stadium was the 1923 FA Cup Final on 28 April between Bolton Wanderers and West Ham United.
- Wembley Stadium is listed as one of our 7 Wonders of the Sporting World.
- More UK stadiums
- FA Cup venues
- All stadiums list
- Top-10 largest stadiums in the world
- Sport in the UK