Stade de France
The Stade de France is the national stadium of France, located in Saint-Denis, Paris. The stadium was built for the 1998 FIFA World Cup. The stadium is used for the French national football and rugby union teams. It has a seating capacity of 80,698.
The 2024 Olympic Games opening and closing ceremonies and athletics events are planned to be held at Stade de France.
Events Held at the Stade de France
Here are just some of the major events that have been held at Vincennes Velodrome in Paris:
- 1924 Paris Summer Olympic Games.
- 1998 FIFA World Cup.
- UEFA Champions League finals, 2000 and 2006.
- Rugby World Cup, 1999 and 2007.
Future Events to be held at the Stade de France
- 2020 European Athletics Championships
- 2024 Paris Summer Olympic Games
- It is the only stadium in the world to have hosted both a Football World Cup final and a Rugby World Cup final.
- Olympic Games stadiums
- Other stadiums in France
- All stadiums list
- Top 10 largest stadiums in the world
- sport in France