Women's World Cup Firsts
Interesting firsts of the FIFA Women's World Cup. See also more firsts from the men's World Cup.
- The FIRST Women's World Cup was held in 1991 in China, sixty-one years after the men's first World Cup.
- The FIRST World Cup (either men and women) for an Asian team to win was Japan in 2011.
- The FIRST co-confederation-hosted FIFA World Cup will be in 2023 - Australia is part of the Asian football confederation and New Zealand a member of the Oceanic branch.
- The FIRST FIFA Women's World Cup to be held in the Asia-Pacific region will be 2023 when Australia and New Zealand co-host.
- The FIRST woman to appear in five football world cups was USA captain Kristine Lilly. Norwegian player Bente Nordby played in 1995, 1999, 2003 and 2007. In 1991 she was in the squad but did not play.
- The FIRST time every competing team had played in a previous final tournament was in 2007
- The FIRST Women's World Cup to be played on artificial turf was Canada in 2015
- The FIRST woman to score a hat-trick in a World Cup final was Carli Lloyd of the USA in 2015.
- Men's World Cup Trivia
- Winners of the Men's Football World Cup
- Women's World Cup Info
- More Sports Trivia