Russia at the World Cup
Russia have appeared at the World Cup four times, in 1994 and 2002 (where they did not make it past the first round), 2014 and 2018. Russia hosted of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, and so qualifieded automatically for the tournament.
The USSR, of which FIFA considers the Russian team as successors in terms of their international record, had seven World Cup appearances since 1958, with a best result of fourth in 1966. See more about USSR at the World Cup.
- Russia's Oleg Solenko scored five goals against Cameroon in 1994, which was the record for most goals by a player in a World Cup match.
- In 2018, Russia beat Saudi Arabia 5-0 in the tournament's opening match, the biggest win by a host nation in its opening game.
- About the women's team from Russia at the FIFA Women's World Cup
- List of all countries who have participated in the World Cup
- About USSR at the World Cup
- Sport in Russia