North Korea at the World Cup
North Korea qualified for the 2010 FIFA World Cup, the second time they have made it to the World Cup. The greatest achievement by the North Koreans was in the 1996 World Cup when they beat Italy 1-0 to gain a spot into the quarterfinals. North Korea is officially known as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and recognized as Korea DPR by FIFA.
- In 1966, North Korea became the first Asian team to progress beyond the first round of the World Cup finals.
- As South Korea also qualified for the 2010 World Cup, it was the first time in World Cup history that both North Korea and South Korea participated in the same tournament.
- For the 2010 tournament, the country's dictator Kim Jong Il banned the state broadcaster from telecasting games they lose.
- About the women's team from North Korea at the FIFA Women's World Cup
- List of all countries who have participated in the World Cup
- FIFA World Cup Home
- About Sport in North Korea