The 2015 Rugby World Cup, the 8th, was held in England. The event ran from the 18th September to 31th October 2015, with the final at Twickenham. The 20-team competition comprised four pools of five countries each. The winner was New Zealand, winning their third World Cup tournament. They beat Australia in the final, 34 to 17.
- The draw for the fixture pools was made in Dec 2012. See who your team will be playing.
- The 2015 World Cup of Rugby was played at 13 stadiums. See list of venues.
- Match schedule from the first match on Fri Sep 18 to the final on Sat Oct 31 at Twickenham Stadium.
- This tournament was the first to use Hawkeye technology, to improve decision-making by the television match official (TMO) and also used by medical staff to assist with player safety by identifying possible concussion instances and behind play incidents.
- In the early stages of the tournament, Japan had a famous win over South Africa. Their 34-32 victory in Brighton is regarded as one of the biggest upsets in sporting history.
- All World Cup Rugby Host Countries
- The following World Cup will be in Japan 2019