The inaugural European Games were held in 2015, and is expected to be held every four years. The event is similar to other major regional events such as the Pan-American and Asian Games — a multi-sport event along the lines of the Summer Olympic Games, though limited to athletes from European nations.
The inaugural European Games were held in Baku, Azerbaijan, in 2015, followed by Minsk, Belarus in 2019. The upcoming European Games are to be held in 2023 in Kraków, Poland.
- See list of competing nations.
- Read about the 20 Sports at the European Games.
The European Games is not to be confused with the European Championships, also held every four years. See more about multi-sport events in Europe.
- Read about the the similar European Championships
- Other major sporting events, including the Games of the Small States of Europe
- Multi-Event Games of Europe
- Winter Olympics and Summer Olympics