Of these sports, many are Olympic sports, while some may be contested in non-Olympic formats.
List of Current Sports (for 2023)
New sports added for 2023 include summer ski jumping and padel.
- Artistic swimming
- Athletics - in 2015, the two-day Athletics competition was a team competition, forming the third division of the European Team Championships. In 2019, a new athletics format, called Dynamic New Athletics (a mixed-team, two-hour model of athletics), made its debut at the European Games. For 2023, the athletics event will comprise the European Team Championships (as will future European Games)
- Basketball (3x3) - both the men's and women's tournaments took place in the half-court 3x3 format. Each team consists of 4 athletes, of whom three can appear on court at any one time. The game is played on a half-court, with one basket.
- Beach Handball
- Beach Football (Soccer) - played in the sand on a smaller field than regular football.
- Canoe slalom and Canoe sprint
- Cycling (including BMX, Mountain biking, Road)
- Judo (including Para-Judo)
- Kickboxing (Sambo?)
- Modern pentathlon
- Muaythai Kickboxing
- Rugby sevens
- Ski jumping (summer)
- Sport Climbing
- Table tennis
- Gymnastics (including Acrobatic, Aerobic, Artistic, Rhythmic, Trampoline) - Events include all of the existing Olympic program, plus additional events in rhythmic and trampolining disciplines. Also two non-Olympic disciplines, aerobic gymnastics and acrobatic gymnastics are included.
- Volleyball (including Beach and Indoor)
- Wrestling (including Freestyle and Greco-Roman)
- Water polo
- Sports at the 2015 European Games
- Sports of the Summer Olympics
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.