The 2nd European Games were held in Minsk, Belarus, from June 21-30, 2019. 50 European countries took part, competing for 200 gold medals in 15 sports with 21 disciplines.
The opening ceremony was held at the Dinamo Stadium, on June 21, and the closing ceremony at the same stadium on June 30.
- The event was first proposed to be held in the Netherlands, however in June 2015 The Netherlands pulled out of hosting this event. Russia was then slated to take over hosting, though this was withdrawn and now Minsk is hosting the event.
- A new athletics format, called Dynamic New Athletics, made its debut at the European Games. The event is a mixed-team, two-hour model of athletics.
- The Mascot for the 2019 European Games was Lesik the baby fox.
- The official Minsk 2019 motto was "Bright Year, Bright You".
- About Sport in Belarus
- About the inaugural European Games held in Baku 2015.
- More about the European Games
- Other major sporting events