The XXI (21st) Commonwealth Games were held in Gold Coast, Australia from 4 to 15 April 2018. It was the fifth time the Commonwealth Games have been held in Australia, previously it has been held in Sydney 1938, Perth 1962, Brisbane 1982 and Melbourne 2006.
Two cities submitted bids to host the 2018 Games - the Gold Coast in Australia and the Sri Lankan city of Hambantota. The winner was announced in November 2011.
- Sports: From the 2014 Games onwards, hockey (men and women), netball (women) and rugby 7's (men) will be obligatory sports on the sports program. See the full list of sports for the 2018 Goast Coast Games.
- Medals: Australia returned to the top of the medal table, after England finished on top at the last Commonwealth Games in 2014.
- Venues: There are 13 venues allocated for the Gold Coast Games - 11 on the Gold Coast and two in Brisbane.
- Mascot: a blue koala with coloured ears and a crimson nose.
- Food Service: all about the food service fo rthe athletes at the 2018 Games
- List of Commonwealth Games Host Cities
- The next Commonwealth Games are in Birmingham, England
- About Sport in Australia
- 2018 The Year in Sport