2026 Commonwealth Games - Victoria
The XXIII (23rd) Commonwealth Games will be held in 2026 in regional Victoria. This will be the sixth Commonwealth Games to be hosted in Australia, and Melbourne will become the third city to host the Games twice, though most events will be held in regional Victoria and not the state capital Melbourne. Events will be held in Melbourne, Geelong, Bendigo, Ballarat and Gippsland - though mostly in Geelong and Bendigo.
The opening ceremony will be hled at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
A core group of 16 sports has been selected, more sports may be added later.
- Aquatics (Swimming, Para Swimming & Diving)
- Athletics & Para Athletics
- Beach Volleyball
- Cricket T20
- Lawn Bowls & Para Lawn Bowls
- Rugby Sevens
- Table Tennis & Para Table Tennis
- Triathlon & Para Triathlon
- Weightlifting & Para Powerlifting
- The two other cities to have hosted Commonwealth Games more than once are Auckland (1950, 1990) and Edinburgh (1970, 1986).
- The 2026 Commonwealth Games is the fist not be he hosted in a single city. Events will be spread about regional hubs in the state of Victoria.
- The Victorian regional city of Bendigo previously hosted the 2004 Commonwealth Youth Games.