The XX (20th) Commonwealth Games were held in Glasgow, Scotland, between July 23 to August 3, 2014. 6,500 athletes from 71 countries competed in 17 sports over 11 days. It was the third time the Commonwealth Games have been held in Scotland, previous events were held in Edinburgh in 1970 and 1986.
- From the 2014 Games onwards, hockey (men and women), netball (women) and rugby 7's (men) will be obligatory sports on the sports program. See the list of 17 sports for 2014.
- The mascot for these Games was Clyde the Thistle man. He was named after the host city’s famous river the Clyde. The mascot design was chosen from more than 4000 entries in a UK-wide competition, won by 12-year-old Beth Gilmour. See more on Commonwealth Games mascots.
- The next games are to be held in Gold Coast in 2018
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Tickets
- List of Commonwealth Games Host Cities
- About Sport in Scotland
- 2014 The Year in Sport
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.