The Topend Sports Major Events sporting calendar includes what we consider to be the most important sporting events. Not every sporting event can be listed, though we have tried to include all the big sporting events of the major sports, mostly the international competitions.
What is Included
What we consider to be the major world sporting events are always listed. Each sport usually has at least one important major event, such as the world championships or world cup. I try to at least list this major event for each of the popular world sports. See the sports calendar template for the list of sports that are listed.
What's not included
I get suggestions all the time about which events should be included in the calendar. Unfortunately I cannot include all sporting events. There are no set rules for inclusion, I go with those I think are important world sporting events. I generally leave out junior events, sports of only regional interest, and those involving little-known sports.
Below are some suggestions that have not made the main calendar (though they may make it on the sport-specific calendars). Here some more suggestions that did not make it.
- NCAA Basketball
- NCAA college football championship
- Horse racing: Cheltenham Festival, Breeders Cup, English Derby at Epsom
- Athletics: Diamond League athletics competitions
- Equestrian: Badminton Horse Trials
- Rowing: University Boat Race, Oxford v Cambridge (UK)
- Rugby: Hong Kong Rugby 7s
- Football: Euroleague Final Four, UEFA annual championships
- Cycling: Giro d'Italia (see cycling calendar)
- Track and Field: IAAF World Relays, IAAF indoor world championship
- Table Tennis: World Team Championships (we have the individual championships listed)
- Commonwealth Youth Games (junior regional event)
- International Four Days Marches Nijmegen
- UFC fights
The above sporting events may not be on the main calendar, but check out the sport-specific calendars which usually have a few more events: specific sports calendars: football (soccer), American Football, rugby league, rugby union, tennis, motorsports, golf, cricket, athletics, horse racing, cycling, swimming, baseball, basketball.
Using the Calender
Thank you for visiting my world sports calender. If you have a comment and suggestion I would love to hear it. I also get many requests for the ability to download the calendar (e.g. Outlook or Google Calendar version) so you can import and merge it with your own calendar. I would love to be able to do this however at this stage I have created this functionality.
Getting Your Sport Listed
If your sporting event is not listed on the calendar, you can suggest for me to add it. If it does not fit my criteria for inclusion, you also have the option of having your sport added to the calendar as a paid listing.
- See the current Major World Sporting Events Calendar.
- Sports Calendar template — complete list of sports for the calendar
- Multi-Sport Events (Games) Calendar
- Here some calendar suggestions.
- List of Major Sporting Events