Reviews of Fitness Testing Equipment and Products
Here are descriptions of products and products reviews for items related to fitness testing. Topend Sports does not sell any products directly, we review and provide links to other sites where you can purchase them.
If you have any questions about the purchase of products, please contact the other companies directly. If you are setting up a testing laboratory, you may be interested in my list of essential Fitness Testing Items.
- Beep Test — buying guide and links to where you can buy the test audio and related products.
- PACER test cd — 15 and 20m versions, with tracks of the cadence for the sit-up and push-up tests included.
- Chester Step Test cd — a sub-maximal stepping test of aerobic fitness commonly used in the UK.
- NCF Abdominal Curl Conditioning Test cd — a progressive sit up test which measures the function of the abdominal muscles and hip-flexor.
- Abdominal Curl Test mp3 — a sit up beep test at a set rate which measures abdominal muscle function.
- Press Up test mp3 — a push-up beep test at a set rate which measures abdominal muscle function.
Guides and Books
- Beep Test Training Guide — everything you need to know about training and improving your Beep Test score.
- Fitness Testing Books — some fitness testing books for sale
- Vertical Jump Apparatus — reviews of the different types of measurement apparatus and links to where you can buy these.
- Skinfold Calipers — Harpenden, Slim Guide, Fat Track, Skyndex, Lange, Accumeasure, Lafayette, Warrior, Personal Tester, Defender.
- Handgrip Dynamometers — about dynamometers for measuring grip strength, including the Camry, MCS, Jamar and Smedley.
- Myotape — a specially designed tape measure suitable for measuring any body part.
- Baby Length Scale — for the accurate measurement of recumbent body length (height) in infants up to 3 years old.
- Optojump — an optical acquisition system for jump testing, reaction time and speed of movement.
- Timing Gates — a review of system requirements for sprint testing.
- Foot Pods — devices which use inertial sensor technology (accelerometers) to measure running speed.
- Posture Grid — for the simple assessment of posture.
- Global Positioning Systems — review of using GPS to track movements in the world of sports.
- Nike SPARQ Test Pro — a testing and training shoe that has been specifically designed to assist athletes to achieve their maximum score during testing events.
- Reaction Timers:
- Sit and Reach Box — buy or make your own
- Goniometer — for measuring the range of motion around a joint
- Curl-Up Measuring Strip — for use with the Brockport and Fitnessgram curl up test
Software and Games
- Fitness Testing Phone Apps — Beep Test Apps and Yo-Yo Test Apps for the iphone and ipad, plus several more.
- Team Beep Test — the most versatile and useful software for conducting and recording results of the bleep / beep test, with results recorded directly onto your computer.
- Body Tracker — quickly and easily calculate and track your body fat percentage.
- Wii Fit program — review of the Wii Fit ‘Body Test’ series of tests, short and simple set of activities used to measure selected body parameters.
- Myotest — a review of the Myotest wireless hand-held device which provides quantitative measures of an athlete's muscular performance in just five minutes.
- Fat Calculator Software — a free software download for easy estimation of body fat percent.
- BodyByte — a universal standalone computer software program specially developed to comprehensively organize and manage all the information associated with nutrition, training and fitness, including all your fitness testing results. You can download and use for free.
- FitnessAge — about the online tool to assess your fitness and give you a measure of your fitness age.
- Energy Test — an online fitness assessment tool which uses the results of a series of physical tests to determine the Energy Index.
- Polar BodyAge — equipment and software to calculate a person's physical body age based on results of a few simple fitness tests.
Testing Kits & Programs
- Brockport Physical Fitness Test — information about buying products associated with the Brockport Test, such as the Testing Manual, Training Guide, Video and computer software.
- FitnessGram — information about buying products associated with the FitnessGram and ActivityGram Test Programs.
Books and other fitness testing products from the Amazon online store are available from this website. You can go to the store home page, or go directly to the specific shopping areas as listed below.
- Health products such as Blood Pressure monitors, ECG monitors, Spirometer
- Accessories such as Cones, Stop Watches, Tape Measures
- Aerobic machines such as Exercise Bikes and Treadmills
- Weight Scales and Height Stadiometers
- Measuring Flexibility, also Goniometers
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Standing Long Jump
- Vertical Jump Apparatus
- Medicine Ball
- Sit and Reach boxes
- Skinfold Calipers
- Strength Dynamometers
- Timing Gates and Radar for speed measurement.