After reading Robert Tuchman's top 100 must see live sporting events, I was inspired to write my own list of top sporting moments and wish list. I have listed the top 10 of those I have seen live, and those that I wish to see.
Both Tuchman and I share a few sporting highlights, though he does not mention which events he has seen. Out of his top 10 'must sees', I have left out The Masters (his number 1!), Army vs. Navy Football Game, New York City Marathon, Baseball World Series, Winter Olympics, Red Sox vs. Yankees at Yankee Stadium, UNC vs. Duke Basketball Game at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Being Australian some of these just don't seem appealing.
Best Sporting Events Seen Live
- Sydney 2000 Summer Olympics
- Rugby Union World Cup match.
- Yankees baseball game at Yankee Stadium.
- AFL Grand Final.
- Australian Open Tennis Tournament
- Bledisloe Cup Game (All Blacks v Australia, Rugby Union)
- Boxing Day Test Match (cricket)
- Melbourne Cup Horse Race.
- State of Origin Rugby Union decider.
- Melbourne Commonwealth Games 2006.
- Athletics World Cup (in Canberra, 1982).
Top-10 Sporting Wish List
- Australia playing at the FIFA World Cup
- Indian cricket Test match (home series in india)
- Tour de France
- Super Bowl
- Baseball World Series
- NBA basketball game.
- Heavyweight Title Fight at Madison Square Garden.
- Elephant Polo Tournament
- Running of the Bulls
- The final list of 7 Wonders of the Sporting World (Events)
- A discussion about the top must see sporting events
- Full list of Robert Tuchman's must see live sporting events
- World Events Calendar
- Book: The 100 Sporting Events You Must See Live
- Sports and Fitness Top-10s