The Zone Diet
The Zone Diet is a low carb and high protein diet. The concept came from wanting to achieve hormonal balance when people eat a balance of carbohydrates, protein and fats. It will aid in weight loss, fat loss and a lot of health benefits.
This high-structured diet consists of ...
- 30% protein (lean chicken, turkey, other poultry, egg whites, low-fat or non-fat dairy products)
- 30% fats (little amounts of olive and canola oil)
- 40% carbohydrates (non-starchy vegetables, barley, fruits, oatmeal, small amounts of grains)
This diet does not recommend that you eat fewer calories than you’re already consuming. You will have a meal between 2 to 2.5 hours after a snack, whether you’re hungry or not. Every meal or snack, it is important to assess your hunger level- if you’re not hungry and your mind is clear, you are in The Zone.
These foods are not allowed during your Zone Diet
- Egg yolks
- Red meat and organ meats (like liver)
- Diet soft drinks
- Fruits and vegetables; carrots, corn, raisins, bananas, papaya, mango and many more
- Fruit juices
- Baked goods
- Caffeinated coffee
Celebrities like Jennifer Aniston, Madonna, Sarah Jessica Parker, Bill Cosby, Charlie Sheen, Ben Stiller and many more have tried this diet.
By doing The Zone Diet, you will lose at least 1 to 1.5 lbs per week and will increase eventually. Your physical and mental performance will improve, as well as the functions in your immune system. You will not age drastically, with little to no risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Comparison of diets — a complete list