Grapefruit (Hollywood) Diet
Also known as the “Hollywood Diet”, the Grapefruit Diet is a fad diet since the 1930s. It claims that this diet has fat-burning enzymes. Grapefruit has extremely low calories, carbohydrates and vital nutrients which is believed harmful and hazardous to your health.
It is said that in 10-12 days, you will lose at least 10 pounds.
According to research, grapefruit doesn’t burn fat. In one, obese people who ate half a grapefruit before meals for 12 weeks lost more weight than those who didn’t consume any grapefruit products.
Perhaps it is the water in grapefruit that makes you feel full making you eat less. Grapefruit will not melt any fat in your body.
In this diet, the classic version includes
- Staying away from sugar and carbs (pasta, rice, potatoes)
- Staying on the diet for 12 days, then stop for 2 days, then repeat
- Consuming high protein, fat and cholesterol
- Grapefruit intake is required during or before meals
- Only 1 cup of coffee, 8 glasses of water
Losing 10 pounds in 10 days isn’t even healthy. You will most likely gain it all back in a few days after the said Grapefruit Diet. It is best to lose weight in slower and steadier rate, focusing on diet plans that will give permanent results.
- Comparison of diets — a complete list