Cabbage Soup Diet
If you need to lose weight fast, Cabbage Soup Diet may be the one you need. It’s a quick and easy way to lose at least 10 pounds in just a short amount of time.
Cabbage helps in the digestive system and detoxifies the body. The diet plan is very strict. It’s about slurping as many cabbage soups as you like every day.
- Day 1 - Cabbage soup plus as much fruit as you like, excluding bananas
- Day 2 - Cabbage soup plus vegetables including 1 jacket potato with a little butter
- Day 3 - Cabbage soup plus fruit and vegetables excluding potatoes and bananas
- Day 4 - Cabbage soup plus up to eight bananas and as much skimmed milk as you like
- Day 5 - Cabbage soup plus up to 20 ounces of beef and up to six tomatoes
- Day 6 - Cabbage soup plus as much beef and vegetables (excluding potatoes) as you like
- Day 7 - Cabbage soup plus brown rice, vegetables (excluding potatoes) and unsweetened fruit juice
Avoid alcohol and other drinks, except water and unsweetened fruit juice (only on days when fruit is allowed).
While this diet is only good for 7 days and not really for long-term weight loss, the Cabbage Soup Diet is low in fat and high in fiber that will help you get into shape fast before you go on with a long-term eating diet plan. There are health risks to consider before embarking with the Cabbage Soup Diet.
Loss of weight is only from water and muscle tissue instead of fat tissue. It is said that after your 7-day diet and returning to your normal diet, you will gain back the 10 pounds you lost in the past week.
You will feel starved and your metabolism slows down, using stored energy from fat instead.
Sarah Michelle Gellar is known to have tried this extreme 7-day diet plan. Bill Clinton also tried this bland, low-calorie quick fix in time for his daughter’s wedding.
Here’s what you need to make the Original Cabbage Soup (20 servings)
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 6 onions, sliced or chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 1 bunch shallots or 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 48 ounces V8 vegetable juice
- 2 (28 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juice of pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
Combine all ingredients and let it simmer for 1 hour.
- Comparison of diets — a complete list