The Energy Test by Laturi Corporation is an online fitness assessment tool, designed specifically for businesses that produce corporate wellness services. Several tests are conducted, the results combined into a single score, the Energy Index.
Energy Index apparently tells the time a person is capable of energetically engaging in work and being active when off work, which sounds hard to justify. Effectively it is a scoring scale in which 8 hours is the average, with a maximum score of 16 hours.
There are other examples of combining the scores of a range of tests in to a single score or fitness index, which has the advantage in providing simple apparently meaningful feedback to the client. We have not personally used this system, but for a personal trainer or corporate wellness business such a complete system for assessment may be worth the cost to be able to provide a professional looking service and results. I would still prefer to see the individual results so I could see which areas I could improve.
The Energy Test can be used to determine a person’s healthiness, body’s physical performance and total energy level and to calculate the Energy Index, which tells the time a person is capable of energetically engaging in work and being active when off work. This simple index is used to show the overall fitness level of a person.
Features of the Energy Test
- No heavy equipment required - the equipment is easy to pack and carry, making it possible to take the test almost anywhere.
- Can assess large groups quickly - it takes about an hour for a group of ten people to go through the Energy Test.
- Test administration and data entry and analysis is all online at the Laturi website.
- Easy to understand results.
The tests were selected based on the most important factors in assessing a person’s ability to work.
- Aerobic fitness - uses Polar Fitness Test to measure aerobic fitness.
- waist circumference
- blood pressure
- Sit-up test
- Sit and Reach flexibility test
- stork balance test
- Stress and vitality test
- Exercise mat
- Measuring tape
- Measuring stick
- Polar heart rate monitor with the Fitness Test feature (e.g. models RCX3, FT60, FT80, FT40)
- Blood pressure monitor
- Links to other fitness testing products
- The similar Fitness Age
- Other examples of a single fitness index
- more software