These equations based on the research by Yuhasz give a value for body fat percent from skinfold test results. See more equations for measuring body fat using skinfold measures. All skinfold measurements are in millimeters (mm)
Males (two equations have been found)
- % Body Fat = (0.1051 x sum of triceps, subscapular, supraspinale, abdominal, thigh, calf) + 2.585, based on a sample of college students.
- % Body Fat = (0.097 x sum of chest, triceps, subscapular, suprailiac, abdominal, thigh) + 3.64, as used in the NHL draft testing.
- % Body Fat = (0.1548 x sum of triceps, subscapular, supraspinale, abdominal, thigh, calf) + 3.580, based on a sample of college students.
- Yuhasz, M.S.: Physical Fitness Manual, London Ontario,University of Western Ontario, (1974)
- other equations of calculating %BodyFat using the skinfold method
- Calculating percent bodyfat
- norms for %bodyfat levels for athletes and the general population
- Skinfold Measures
- A list of Body Composition Tests
- A discussion about Body Composition Testing.
- Videos of Anthropometric Tests including Skinfold Testing.