The Parillo Caliper Method for calculating percent body fat is a simple method using nine skinfold site measurements. This is a very basic general formula with questionable accuracy, though it’s very easy to perform. This formula does not take into account any differences between males and females. See more equations for measuring body fat using skinfold measures.
% Body Fat = (Sum of 9 sites x 27) divided by bodyweight (lbs)
where sum of skinfold sites is in mm, body weight in lbs. The skinfold sites are: Chest, Abdominal, Thigh, Bicep, Tricep, Subscapular, Suprailiac, Lower Back, Calf.
- J. Parrillo, Greenwood-Robinson. "High-performance bodybuilding" Berkeley Publishing group, New York,169-172, 1993.
- Calculating percent bodyfat
- other equations of calculating %BodyFat using the skinfold method
- norms for %bodyfat levels for athletes and the general population
- Skinfold Measures
- A discussion about Body Composition Testing.
- Videos of Anthropometric Tests including Skinfold Testing.