Unusual Animal Races
If the humans are getting into their unusual sporting events, why can't the animals? There are just some of the unusual sporting races from around the world that involve animals.
- Hamster Racing — rodent races in miniature vehicles
- Yabbie Races — crustaceans racing in this Australian tradition
- Scotland Island 500 — Sydney's annual aquatic dog race.
- Cow Racing — untrained cows racing each other.
- Cockroach Racing — right there till the end.
- Kaninhop — rabbit show jumping
- Lizard Racing Championships — flat out like a lizard
- Makepung — racing buffalo competition from Bali
- Man vs. Horse Marathon — runners and horse riders compete against each other.
- Ostrich Racing — racing on the back of the fastest birds (on land)
- Snail Races — exciting races with snails
- Sheep Races — catch me if you can
- Cane Toad Racing — jump to it.
- Ban'ei — a Japanese horse race which requires a draft horse to pull a weighted sled up sand ramps.
- Camel Races — speed boats of the desert
- Pig Racing and Diving — pigs really can fly
Other Animal Sports
- List of unusual sports with animal cruelty
- Races between Animals and Athletes
- Camel Jumping — the objective of the sport is to clean jump a group of camels that are stacked together horizontally.
- Elephant Soccer — riders on the back of elephants direct them to play football/soccer.