If the humans are getting into their unusual sporting events, why can't the animals? There are just some of the unusual sporting races from around the world that involve animals.
- Hamster Racing — rodent races in miniature vehicles
- Yabbie Races — crustaceans racing in this Australian tradition
- Scotland Island 500 — Sydney's annual aquatic dog race.
- Cow Racing — untrained cows racing each other.
- Cockroach Racing — right there till the end.
- Kaninhop — rabbit show jumping
- Lizard Racing Championships — flat out like a lizard
- Makepung — racing buffalo competition from Bali
- Man vs. Horse Marathon — runners and horse riders compete against each other.
- Ostrich Racing — racing on the back of the fastest birds (on land)
- Snail Races — exciting races with snails
- Sheep Races — catch me if you can
- Cane Toad Racing — jump to it.
- Ban'ei — a Japanese horse race which requires a draft horse to pull a weighted sled up sand ramps.
- Camel Races — speed boats of the desert
- Pig Racing and Diving — pigs really can fly
Other Animal Sports
- List of unusual sports with animal cruelty
- Races between Animals and Athletes
- Camel Jumping — the objective of the sport is to clean jump a group of camels that are stacked together horizontally.
- Elephant Soccer — riders on the back of elephants direct them to play football/soccer.
- More unusual sports
- Videos of unusual sports
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.