Guide for Inventing Sports
If you have thought up a sport which you are passionate about and think that it can become popular, taking the next step is often daunting. For many people who have created a sport it does not get much further than just an idea. Here are few ideas (from someone who has not invented a sport!) to guide you on a path I think would move you from an idea into a functioning sport. Follow the links for more information.
Steps to a New Sport
- Create a Name - it is important to have an suitable and unique name for your sport. If you have the ability, create a logo too.
- Creating Rules - You want everyone to play it your way, you need to be very specific about how the sport is played.
- Protect Your Rights — if your sport really is unique, you need to stop other people getting credit for your ideas
- Promote the Sport — spread the word and get more people playing it.
- Play! The best way to spread and promote your sport is getting lots of people to play it, and enjoy it.