Rule Guide for New Sports
This is a part of the guide for inventing a new sport. You want everyone to play your new sport your way, you need write down the compete set of rules.
The role of the rules or regulations is to standardize the rules of play and equipment that is used so that the game is played the same way by everyone. Once you have your rulebook, make sure you publish and make it available for everyone to read.
What to Include
Here are just some ideas to consider including in your rule book.
- What is the primary aim of the sport? and how is this achieved?
- How many people play? How many teams? Are there substitutions allowed? Who can play - males and females? Any height, weight, or age restrictions?
- Are there specific playing positions, with specific rules for each?
- How do you score, how do you win?
- How long does it take? How many time periods and how long is each? Breaks allowed? Extra time?
- What are the participants allowed and not allowed to you do? are there penalties? Are there referees involved - what is their role?
- What is the size and dimensions of playing field? What are the playing implements, and what are their size and weight?
- Are there variations? different rules, field and equipment sizes for different populations.
- sports rules
- Complete guide to creating a new sport
- submitting a new sport
- Some new sport ideas
- About New Sports