Slopestyle is a winter sport that involves skiing or snowboarding down a course of obstacles. It includes jumps, rails, and other similar features to that of a terrain park. Both the ski and snowboard versions of sloperstyle became part of the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia 2014. There is also a mountainbike version of slopestyle called Freeride.
There are several type of slopestyle trails included in the sport. It is a combination of straight rail, rainbow rail, flat-down handrail, up-flat-down rail, and flat-down-flat-down handrail.
During the competition, they are judged based on air or the height of jumps, execution or how well the tricks are performed, DD or the degree of difficulty of the tricks, and the overall or the whole package, which includes personal style. So that will be based on skill, quality of tricks and originality.
- Slopestyle Skiing — athletes on skis perform on a course with different types of obstacles.
- Slopestyle Snowboarding — athletes on a snowboard perform on a course with a range of obstacles.
- Freestyle Snowboarding — competitors ride on the snowboard and do the tricks along with descending on the snow-covered slopes to earn maximum scores.
- Freestyle Skiing — different forms of freestyle skiing including Aerial skiing, Mogul skiing, Ski ballet, Ski cross, Half-pipe skiing, Slopestyle skiing.
- Mogul Skiing — snow skiers compete on a specially designed downhill course, in which the primary focus is on the technique used for turns, aerial maneuvers, and speed.
- Snowboarding - involves descending on a slope covered in snow using a single board attached to both feet.
- Ski Cross — multiple downhill skiers race head-to-head on a course including big jumps, rollers and high-banked turns.
- Ice Cross Downhill — an extreme winter racing sport that involves direct racing of multiple skaters on a downhill course.
- Boardercross — a snowboard competition on a course similar to motocross. It is aso called Snowboard Cross.
- Skiboarding — like snow skiing, but with shorter and wider skis.
- Snow Skiing — traveling over a snow surface on skis. Competitive forms include Alpine Skiing (or Downhill Skiing), and Cross-Country / Nordic Skiing.