Canoeing and kayaking is a popular water sport pastime around the world. These pages are about the competitive sport of canoeing and kayaking.
- Equipment for paddling [Feb '23]
- Basic rules of sprint and slalom paddling [Feb '23]
- Muscle Groups Used For Kayaking [May '22]
- Fitness for Paddlers [May '22]
- Fitness Components for Paddlers [Jul '18]
- Anthropometry for paddle sports [Dec '15]
- What does it take to be a successful kayaker? [Aug '10]
- Fitness components for Paddling Sports [Apr '10]
- Article about the difference between canoeing & kayaking? [Apr 09]
- Fitness Testing for canoeing
Canoes and kayaks are small, narrow, lightweight boats which are pointed at both ends, and propelled by paddles. See the difference between canoeing and kayaking.
At the Olympic level, there is sprint/flatwater and slalom events. See Canoe and Kayak Events at the Olympics.
- What is the quipment you need.
- History of Canoes and Kayaks.
- Fitness Testing for canoeing.
- Fitness for Paddlers, as well as the muscle groups used.
- Trivia about Canoeing and Kayaking.
- Books and other items about Canoeing and Kayaking available in the online store
- See also the pages on Rowing
- Olympic Games Canoe and Kayak Events
- Polls about paddle sports