The Vélodrome de Vincennes is a cycling stadium in the Bois de Vincennes, Paris, France. The stadium was initially built as a velodrome in 1894, it became the main sporting stadium for the 1900 Olympics. Events that took place in the Velodrome at the 1900 Summer Olympics included cycling, cricket, rugby union, football and gymnastics.
The stadium is still used for cycling, football and rugby matches.
Events Held at the Vincennes Velodrome
Here are just some of the major events that have been held at Vincennes Velodrome in Paris:
- 1900 Paris Summer Olympic Games
- At the 1924 Summer Olympics it became the cycling (track) venue.
- The stadium was the finish line of the Tour de France between 1968 and 1974
- The stadium has featured in two feature films, La Rafle and Sarah's Key, as a stand in for the Vélodrome d'hiver.
- Olympic Games stadiums
- Other stadiums in France
- All stadiums list
- Top 10 largest stadiums in the world
- sport in France