Beijing National Stadium
The Beijing National Stadium, officially known the National Stadium, is colloquially known as the Bird's Nest based on its appearance. The capacity of the stadium at the time of the 2008 Olympic Games was 91,000, though that number has been reduced to a capacity of 80,000 after 11,000 temporary seats were removed after the Olympics.
The stadium was designed for use throughout the 2008 Summer Olympics and Paralympics, and it was again used for the 2022 Winter Olympics.
Significant events held at the Beijing National Stadium
- 2015 - World Championships in Athletics
- 2008 - Olympic Games
- 2017 - finals of the League of Legends World Championship
- 2022 - Winter Olympics
- More sporting stadiums in China
- Olympic Games stadiums
- Winter Olympic Games major stadia
- The Bird's Nest is listed as one of our 7 Wonders of the Sporting World.
- All stadiums list
- Top-10 largest stadiums in the world
- Sport in China