Who is the greatest Olympian in the history of the summer Olympic Games? We have previously asked the same question, with up to 10 options, but with the continuing success of both Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt in Rio 2016, this question of the greatest ever Olympian is essentially a two-horse race. Who do you think is the greatest Olympian - Phelps or Bolt (or someone else)? Cast your vote below.
If you think that the greatest Olympian is not one of Bolt and Phelps, there is the option of 'other'. If you pick other, please use the comment form below to tell us who you think is the greatest. Also see our other Olympics Polls.
- Michael Phelps — American swimmer, the most decorated Olympian of all time, with a total of 28 medals, 23 of them gold.
- Usain Bolt — Jamaican sprinter, with eight Olympic gold medals, he won the 100 m, 200 m at three consecutive Olympic Games.
Disclaimer: These polls are not scientific, and only reflect the opinion of visitors to this website who have chosen to participate.
- Greatest Olympian (poll from 2012) — we previously asked the same question, with up to 10 options,
- More Olympic Games Polls
- About the Summer Olympics
- See also the poll about your favorite Summer Olympic Games sports
- List of Sports and Fitness Polls