- The Brazilian managers of 1954 (Zeze) and that of 1962 (Aimore Moreira) were the only brothers to have managed the same nation in World Cup finals.
- When Chilean player Eladio Rojas scored a goal in the 1962 quarter-final against Russia, the first person he hugged was the Russian goalkeeper. Rojas was so excited because the goalkeeper he had beaten was the 'unbeatable' Lev Yashin.
- Goal difference first used to determine group team rankings in finals in 1962. Before 1962, teams tied in points in a group were solved by a play-off match. In 1962, England became the first team to benefit from the new system and Argentina the first team to suffer.
- The Brazil-England game at the 1962 World Cup was interrupted when a dog ran onto the pitch and Jimmy Greaves went down on all fours to catch him.
- Videos from the 1962 FIFA World Cup
- List of all countries who have hosted in the World Cup
- FIFA World Cup Home
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.