Ghana at the World Cup
Ghana claimed their first ever place at the finals of a FIFA World Cup tournament in 2006, after nine previous qualifying attempts. During the tournament they lost to Italy and Brazil, but beat the Czech Republic and USA, and made it through to the second round.
- The Ghanan national soccer team is called the 'Black Stars'
- On their debut in the 1962 FIFA World Cup qualifiers, Ghana were narrowly knocked out by Morocco. The qualification group for the 2002 FIFA World Cup proved a nightmare for the Ghanaians - the team ended up in fourth place behind Nigeria, Liberia and Sudan.
- In 2009, Ghana became the first African team to win the U/20 World Cup.
- About the women's team from Ghana at the FIFA Women's World Cup
- List of all countries who have participated in the World Cup
- FIFA World Cup Home
- Sport in Ghana