On June 3, 2006, Montenegro declared its independence from Serbia and started competing as a sovereign state in the same year. Montenegro took part at the Winter Olympic Games for the first time in Vancouver, British, Columbia, Canada in 2010 and from then on.
The nation has won a medal at the Summer Games, in handball at the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games, however, the nation is still yet to win its first medal at the Winter Games.
Bojan Kosić saw action in two events (men's giant slalom and men’s slalom) in the alpine skiing competition in 2010 but failed to win a medal.
- About Sport in Montenegro
- Serbia-Montenegro at the Winter Olympics
- Montenegro at the Summer Olympics
- More Winter Olympics Countries
- Winter Olympics main page.