The 2010 Tour de France event was the 97th held, running from Saturday July 3rd to Sunday July 25th 2010.
This event started on the 3rd of July 2010 in Rotterdam in the Netherlands, the first start in the Netherlands since the 1996 Tour de France, and the fifth time that the country had hosted the 'Grand Départ' of the Tour.
- Stage 1: a 9km prologue from the Zuidplein square over the Erasmus Bridge and the Willem Bridge to Ahoy Rotterdam.
- Stage 2: starting on the Erasmus Bridge, will lead through Zeeland towards Belgium.
- Final Stage: the event will finish as usual in Paris, on Sunday July 25th.
At the time the winner was Alberto Contador of Spain (also the 2009 event winner). However, after a prolonged investigation of drug use (he tested positive for the banned anabolic agent clenbuterol), Contador was stripped of his win, and the win was awarded to Andy Schleck of Luxembourg (see winners list).
- Information about each of the tours
- Info about the next tour, the 2011 tour de france