There are many events in the international calendar for cycling, and also significant events in national cycling competitions. Here are just some of these.
- Tour de France — the world's most high profile bicycle race. It is held mainly in France for three weeks every July.
- UCI Cycling World Championships — a new major event for cycling, incopropating all the cycling world championships to be held at one location, to be held every four years (the first in 2023)
- World Track Championships — The UCI World Track Championships is held annually and comprise events for the various disciplines and distances in track cycling.
- World Road Championships — The UCI World Track Championships is held annually and consists of 12 events for elite, under-23 and junior cyclists.
- Olympic Games Cycling — cycling is a core Olympic sport, and has been contested at every summer Olympic Games since 1896.
- Commonwealth Games Cycling — cycling is one of the optional Commonwealth Games sports, though it has been on the program for every Commonwealth Games since 1934.
- Tour Down Under — a world class event held in South Australia, Australia. The event comprises six stages, and passes through beautiful beaches to classic vineyards, through the city of Adelaide and iconic South Australian regional towns.
- Learn more about the sport of Cycling.
- Read about other major world sporting events.
- International Cycling Calendar
- Sporting events calendar
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.