2011 Tour de France
The 2011 Tour de France event was the 98th held, starting on the 2nd July 2011 and finishing on the 24th July. The official start of the 98th edition of the Tour de France took place at the Passage du Gois, which is located between Île de Noirmoutier and Beauvoir-sur-Mer, in the department of Vendée.
The Passage du Gois is a submersible road 4.5 km in length which is covered twice daily by the high tide. This was the 5th Grand Starts from within the boundaries of the Vendée (others were 1976, 1993, 1999 and 2005).
- First stage, Passage du Gois - Mont des Alouettes, 180 km.
- Second stage, Les Essarts, Team time-trial, 23 km.
- Third stage started in Olonne-sur-Mer.
- EVANS Cadel (Australia) - BMC RACING TEAM
- SCHLECK Andy - TEAM LEOPARD-TREK +1' 34"
- SCHLECK Frank - TEAM LEOPARD-TREK +2' 30"
Geen Jersey: CAVENDISH Mark HTC - HIGHROAD 334 pts
Polka Dot jersey: SANCHEZ Samuel EUSKALTEL - EUSKADI 108 pts
White jersey: ROLLAND Pierre TEAM EUROPCAR 86h 23' 05"
Team: TEAM GARMIN - CERVELO 258h 18' 49"
- Cadel Evans was the first Australian to win the tour de france
- Information about each of the tours