The 2018 Super Bowl LII was the 52nd Super Bowl in American football. The game was played on Feb 4, 2018 at Vikings Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The Philadelphia Eagles defeated the New England Patriots with a score of 41-33. Eagles quarterback Nick Foles was named the Super Bowl MVP after throwing for 373 yards and three touchdowns and catching a touchdown pass as well. This was the Eagles' first Super Bowl victory in franchise history.
- This was the second Super Bowl held in Minneapolis, previously the city hosted Super Bowl XXVI in 1992.
- The 2018 Super Bowl is a rematch of the 2004 Super Bowl. The Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is the only player to play in both of these games.
- Minneapolis is the northernmost city to host a Super Bowl.
- The half-time show was headlined by Justin Timberlake, and Pink performed the national anthem before the game.
- In what is now known as the Philly Special, during the 2018 Super Bowl Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles caught a touchdown pass, and became first player in Super Bowl history to both throw and catch a touchdown.
- Previous Super Bowl in 2017
- Next Super Bowl: 2019 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
- Super Bowl Host Cities
- List of Super Bowl Winners