The 2019 Bowl LIII was the 53rd Super Bowl in American football. The game was played at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia on Feb 3, 2019.
The game was played between the defending American Football Conference champions New England Patriots, and the National Football Conference champion Los Angeles Rams.
The Patriots won the game 13-3 in a defensive battle, with their defense holding the high-powered Rams offense to just three points. This was the Patriots' sixth Super Bowl win in franchise history, tying the Pittsburgh Steelers for the most Super Bowl wins by a team. The game was widely considered one of the least exciting Super Bowls in recent history due to the low scoring and lack of offensive production.
The MVP was Julian Edelman, New England Patriots wide receiver.
- This was the third Super Bowl held in Atlanta, the city having previously hosted Super Bowl in 1994 and 2000.
- The 2019 Super Bowl was the lowest-scoring Super Bowl game in history.
- The Rams became the second Super Bowl team to not score a touchdown (joining the Miami Dolphins in Super Bowl VI).
- Previous Super Bowl in 2018
- Super Bowl Host Cities
- Next Super Bowl: 2020
- List of Super Bowl Winners
- About the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia
- About Sport in the USA