Tom Brady: American Football Legend
Tom Brady (born August 3, 1977) is arguably the greatest quarterback to ever play in the NFL. He retied in 2021 aged 44, after 22 seasons in the NFL, playing for the New England Patriots for the majority of the time, finishing with two years at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In his career, he played in ten Super Bowls and won seven of them, and was awarded the MVP a record five times. All this from a player that nearly did not get drafted.
Brady announced his retirement in January 2022, at age 44 years, though that lasted just 41 days before he opted to return for another season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He just keeps going.
Greatest Sporting Achievements
Brady won the MPV award given to the most valuable player in the Super Bowl final a record 5 times (2002, 2004, 2015, 2017, 2021), and the NFL MVP award three times (2007, 2010, 2017). Over his long and successful playing career, he holds a plethora of records.
Why Was He So Good?
Tom Brady was not a standout player at college. When he got his chance, he achieved great success through a solid work ethic, competitiveness, pocket awareness, and utilizing his football intelligence.
What You May Not Know
- Tom Brady is known for his poor performances at the 2000 pre-draft combine. He was famously picked 199 overall in the draft, the 7th quarterback to be picked.
- He won the longest throw at the 2003 Quarterback Challenge with a throw of 62 yards.
- His full name is Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr.
- Growing up he was a fan of San Francisco 49ers, his idol was quarterback Joe Montana.
- He has three older sisters, Nancy, Julie and Maureen. He is married to supermodel Gisele Bundchen.
Was he a legend?
Do you agree with Tom Brady being a legend of American Football?
How would you rate their greatness? (from good to 'the best')