The 2000 Olympic Games were held in Sydney, Australia. There were 165 events for men, 135 for women, and 12 mixed events. 10,651 athletes (4,069 of them women) from 199 nations participated; the only nation excluded was Afghanistan. The Games were held from September 15 till October 1.
Sydney 2000 Information
- 2000 Medal Table — The United States, the Russian Federation, and the People's Republic of China were the medal table leaders.
- List of Sports — There were 28 sports on the program, an increase of two compared to the last Olympic Games.
- Trivia from Sydney 2000
- About the Sydney Torch Relay
- Videos from Sydney 2000 Olympic Games
- Sydney Olympic Village Food Menu and Athlete Nutrition
- Complete list of Olympic host cities
- Australia at the Olympic Games.
- Melbourne 1956 Olympic Games
- 2000: The Year in Sport