The 2023 Asian Cup, organised by the Asian Football Federation, will be the 18th time the tournament will be held. The tournament was originally scheduled to be held in China in June and July of 2023, but was moved to Qatar and will be played from 12 January to 10 February 2024.
The tournament will involve 24 national teams (the number of participating teams was increased in 2019), with Qatar the defending champions.
Qatar will become the first country to host three Asian Cups: they have hosted the event in 1988, 2011 and 2023.
he draw resulted in the following groups:
- Group A: Qatar, China, Tajikistan, Lebanon
- Group B: Australia, Uzbekistan, Syria, India
- Group C: Iran, United Arab Emirates, Hong Kong, Palestine
- Group D: Japan, Indonesia, Iraq, Vietnam
- Group E: South Korea, Malaysia, Jordan, Bahrain
- Group F: Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Kyrgyzstan, Oman
- Al Bayt Stadium
- Khalifa International Stadium
- Ahmad bin Ali Stadium
- Education City Stadium
- Jassim bin Hamad Stadium
- Al Thumama Stadium
- Abdullah bin Khalifa Stadium
- Al Janoub Stadium
The Al Bayt Stadium will host the final, held on 10 February.
- Other Asian Cup hosts
- About the FIFA World Cup
- Other major world sporting events
- About sport in Qatar