Al Bayt Stadium, Qatar
The Al Bayt Stadium is a football stadium located in Al Khor, which is about 35 km away from Doha, Qatar. The stadium was originally opened in November 2021. It has a capacity of 60,000 seats. It will be one of the stadiums used for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
For the 2022 FIFA World Cup, the following matches will be held in the stadium: 5x Group Matches (including the opening match), 1x Round of 16, 1x Quarter-Final, 1x Semi-Final.
Significant events held at the Al Bayt Stadium
Here are just some of the recent major events that have been held at the Al Bayt Stadium:
- 2021 FIFA Arab Cup (5 matches including the final)
- 2022 FIFA World Cup
Al Bayt Stadium Trivia
- The tent like architectural design takes its inspiration from the traditional tents of the nomadic peoples of Qatar
- The stadium includes a luxurious with balcony views of the football field.
- Other Qatar stadiums
- All stadiums list
- Top-10 largest stadiums in the world
- Venues for the 2022 FIFA World Cup
- Sport in Qatar