Education City Stadium, Qatar
The Education City Stadium is a football stadium located in Doha, Qatar. The stadium was originally opened in June 2020. It has a capacity of 45,350 people. It will be one of the stadiums used for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
For the 2022 FIFA World Cup, the following matches will be held in the stadium: Matches: 5x Group Matches, 1x Round of 16, 1x Quarter-Final
Significant events held at the Education City Stadium
Here are just some of the recent major events that have been held at the Education City Stadium:
- 2020 FIFA Club World Cup
- 2020-21 matches of the Qatar Stars League season
- 2022 FIFA World Cup
Education City Stadium Trivia
- The stadiunm has the nickname "Diamond in the Desert"
- After the FIFA World Cup, the stadium will retain 25,000 seats for use by university athletic teams.
- Other Qatar stadiums
- All stadiums list
- Top-10 largest stadiums in the world
- Venues for the 2022 FIFA World Cup
- Sport in Qatar